Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I joined a gym.

I joined a gym today.

I've never belonged to a gym, but today, Andrew and I joined Planet Fitness. It is new to Palm Coast, and in this relatively small town...we were patrons #942 and 943. Should be interesting.

In college, I went to the gym on campus a handful of times. I even went with my friend, Leah, over the summer when I was done with physical therapy for my broken leg. When we lived in an apartment in New Albany, OH, our complex had a small gym and we visited it a few times. I've never belonged to one before, though.

This is the dawning of a new era...or at least I hope it is!

Andrew bought me an elliptical machine one year for a birthday, and I have it, in my house, it couldn't be more easily accessible. But I don't use it. There's always an excuse.

There are so many benefits to exercising - better sleep, reduced stress, and the health benefits seem endless - so why don't I? I understand that my job is demanding and wears me out a lot of the time, and the only thing I want to do some days is crash on my couch and not see anyone else in the world...aside from Andrew...usually ;) So I hope this sticks. To be honest, I am not 100% dedicated, but I want to be. That's something...right? I have a secret goal of dropping 10lbs before I head to Italy in July. What have I done to reach that goal? Not a thing. Not yet, anyway...

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment