Saturday, September 4, 2010

Almond Milk

Almond milk is really gross. I tried it in my cereal, and in my coffee. It's disgusting no matter what you do to it. Yuck. For someone with a soy allergy, I feel stuck as far as milk goes. I don't drink a lot of it, and I have organic coffee creamer (yum!) Any suggestions for alternatives?

I went to the grocery store today and saw that the organic, free-range chicken was $7 a pound!! Holy cow. The regular Tyson's was $1.99/pound. Insane. I didn't realize there would be that large of a price difference! As a result, I didn't get any chicken...but am hoping to check Mountain Run Farm out in the near future because I believe it's cheaper there.

This week I'm trying a zucchini bake. Any other recipe suggestions, especially with zucchini, are welcome!

p.s. We found out what happens if you eat really well for a long time and then go to Biscuitville in Lynchburg, VA for lunch. Not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment