Monday, December 6, 2010

Sammy

I'll just say it - I've been really awful at keeping up with this all natural diet. I will say though that I've been much, much better at choosing healthier things to snack on. I'm more aware of what's in my food and we eat waaaaaaaay less meat. I used to have some sort of chicken crock pot dish weekly in the winter months but I haven't made anything like that in weeks....but that's not my point. My point is that I'd like to stick with blogging and in trying to keep with it I'm going to write about my dog, Samson.

Samson is one of the kindest, sweetest, gentlest beasts that God put on this planet. He is also one of the clumsiest animals ever created and frequently trips over his feet. He also has an absolutely uncanny ability to anticipate exactly where I am going to need to be in the kitchen. If I am making dinner and need something from the fridge, I can guarantee that he will be laying in front of the fridge. If my recipe calls for a tbsp of water, he'll be laying in front of the sink. I'm not sure how he does it, but it never, ever fails that I either step on his tail, trip over him, or something else that is equally as graceful when I'm doing anything in the kitchen. I swear has has some kind of built-in radar.

It's easy to forgive this big oaf. You couldn't possibly find a sweeter animal if you tried.


2 comments: