Thursday, January 13, 2011

P90X


Andrew and I started P90X on Saturday. Holy cow. It is intense! It's nice to have someone alongside me keeping me motivated and accountable.

So far, so good. I'm really enjoying it. Granted, it's only Day 5...I may be singing a different tune in a week or so. Hopefully not, but we're taking it a day at a time right now. The first day was back and chest. I could hardly lift my coffee mug the next morning, for serious. Day 2 was plyometrics, which is similar to "jump training" and my legs are still burning from it. The past two days (arms and shoulders, and yoga) were almost refreshing! I don't know if that's quite the right word for it, but I liked the challenge they presented, and was able to really push myself with both workouts. The yoga was really extreme and while I wasn't able to do all of the moves correctly, I tried them and we made it through the entire 90 minutes. I have approximately zero balancing ability in my right leg, thanks to the ol' rod, but I pushed through some of it and did what I could. Plus, as an added bonus, the guy who leads the videos, Tony Horton, is quite the hoot! I think he's entertaining and keeps things light.


I feel great. I sincerely hope that we keep this up through flu season (Andrew's currently home with a nasty cold....wish us luck!) and stick with it. I am sleeping so well, too. There are so many benefits to exercising and I'm looking forward to experiencing them all!

The nutrition guide that comes with it is even more extreme. It sounds great, but I'm not going to get up in the morning and make a mushroom omelet, cottage cheese and strawberries, and then have shrimp pomodora for lunch. Sounds great but I know it's not going to happen. We've been eating well and I plan to pack our meals full of protein and veggies.

So, that's my take on P90X days 1 through 4. It is difficult and time consuming, but I figure if I can do it, anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment