Saturday, August 28, 2010

Snack Time!

Snacks are something I really struggle with. They are the thorn in my side. Breakfast, it's easy to eat something light (usually fruit) and if I pack a healthy lunch, I have no choice but to eat it once I get to work. Dinners have always been on the healthier side with salads and veggies...but snacks are my weakness. Specifically - salt & vinegar chips. I feel like they are a thrill ride, the flavor is so intense and I love it. Anyway, I'm learning that if I pass them in the grocery store, they aren't at home (genius, I know) and therefore, I don't eat them!

Anyway, I'm proud to say that today I got desperate enough to actually snack on celery and carrots. They have been in the fridge for about a week or two. What makes this particularly monumental for me is that Andrew, that foul tempter, brought a bag of salt and vinegar chips home...into my house...and is currently eating them in front of me. They're "all natural" but are still potato chips. The surprising part is that I really like these little green and orange sticks more than I thought I would. I'm hoping I can keep this up!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, friend! As someone who LOVES chips too, I know what a change and sacrifice it is to choose veggies or something other than chips for a snack - so hard, but so good. We don't have chips and junk food on hand anymore because with me being home, it would just disappear way too fast. Keep up the good work, chica!

    ReplyDelete