Tuesday, April 5, 2011

E is for...

E is for Earrings, Easter and Egg hunts.

It’s almost Easter, and around the Davies’ house that only meant one thing growing up. An Egg Hunt. (ya know, aside from the whole Resurrection thing…)


Every year in my family I would win the egg hunt in both categories: Most Eggs Found and Hardest Egg to Find. I wouldn’t really call myself a competitive person, at all, but I have fond memories of going to the community egg hunt as a kid and truly kicking butt. One year Jason found the golden egg and won the first place grand prize – an ice cream cake in the shape of a bunny.

Another year at home, Jason (who has always preferred to hide the eggs) surprised me with a real live bunny as a grand prize. I have a true fear of rodents (we had them all growing up – mice, hamsters, guinea pigs and bunnies – and each one bit me multiple times) and while I appreciated the gesture, I turned it down in favor of a more friendly, less scary chocolate bunny.


I’m not really sure if you can really practice for something like this, or if it’s just a natural, God-given talent. I prefer to consider it the latter.


No comments:

Post a Comment