Thursday, April 28, 2011

S is for...

S is for Silliness, Sock hops and Songs

A few years ago I got a silly chain email with directions on making a "soundtrack to your life." I looked into it and decided I'd fill one in for myself.

Two weeks later...after carefully selecting songs from a variety of favorite artists...and borrowing cd's from Kelli...here's the finished product. I wouldn't change a thing!

OPENING CREDITS: "Square One" by Coldplay or "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall

WAKING UP SCENE: "Sleeping In" by The Postal Service" or "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane

AVERAGE DAY SCENE: "Times Like These" by Jack Johnson

BEST FRIEND SCENE: "Walking Out of Stride" by Badly Drawn Boy or "The Puppy Song" by Harry Nilsson.

GIRLS NIGHT OUT SCENE: "Hit 'Em Up Style" by Blue Cantrell

FIRST DATE SCENE: "Clark Gable" by The Postal Service or "Nice and Easy" by Frank Sinatra

FALLING IN LOVE SCENE: "Passenger Seat" by Death Cab for Cutie or "Do You Want to Know a Secret" by The Beatles

FIGHT WITH SIGNIFICANT OTHER SCENE: "Consider This" by Anna Nalick or "Long Day" by Matchbox 20

BREAK UP SCENE: ""What If?" by Coldplay or "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" by Brendan Benson

"LIFE'S OKAY" SCENE: "The Hardest Part" by Coldplay

HEARTBREAK SCENE: "I Can't Seem To Make You Mine" by The Clientelle or "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay

CONCERT DAY SCENE: "Let Me Roll It/Back in the USSR" by Paul McCartney

LIFE ON THE ROAD SCENE: "Clocks" by Coldplay

RUNNING AWAY/MOVING OUT SCENE: "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by The Postal Service

MAKEOUT SCENE: "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz

LESSON LEARNING SCENE: "Faith my Eyes" by Caedmon's Call or "We Become Silhouettes" by Postal Service

DEEP THOUGHT SCENE: "Half-Life" by Duncan Sheik or "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds

FLASHBACK SCENE: "100 Years" by Five for Fighting

PARTY SCENE: "You Rock My World" by Michael Jackson

HAPPY DANCE SCENE: "All I Wanna Do" by Cheryl Crow

REGRET SCENE: "Blackbird" by Paul McCartney

LONG NIGHT ALONE SCENE: "It Never Entered my Mind" by Miles Davis or "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind" by Ray Charles

DEATH SCENE: "On Your Porch" by The Format

CLOSING CREDITS: "Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment