Friday, May 6, 2011

Z is for...


Z is for Zoo, Zippers and Zebras!


A few years ago, we went to the Virginia Safari Park. It was SO much fun, and is probably my favorite thing in this area. I highly recommend it.


It's also been called the "drive through zoo" because that's exactly what you do - you drive through the zoo and feed wild animals out of your window.

There were Camels:



emu:


(please note the horrified expression on my face, those things were terrifyingly vicious!)

llamas:


And my favorite, the zebras:


It wasn't until we were on our way home and Andrew was looking through the brochure with all of the warnings (probably should have read that part first...) that we learned you are not allowed to feed or pet the zebras.


We did both.


Of all the animals there, they seemed the most like a "normal" animal. Aren't they just striped horses? I used to ride horses and they are easy to feed, so I followed the same "keep your hand flat" rule and all went well. What a strange rule to have...


I'm sad that this A-Z blog challenge is now over :( I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have!

1 comment:

  1. this looks soooo fun! :)
    what a great blog! you are so inspirational! if you get the chance to check out my blog i would love to see what your opinions are! :)

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete