Monday, June 27, 2011

Me and my crafty ways...

I started a major project the other day. It won't be done until we've moved to FL and I have access to a sewing maching - but here's the beginning:

As we were packing, we discovered a whole lot of tee shirts that we've been holding on to for years for sentimental reasons. We haven't worn some of them in over a decade but the memories they ignite are worth saving. So - I'm making a quilt out of them! I cut up 36 squares, and plan to sew them together. I made a quilt for Andrew when we were in college, and I'm pretty sure I'm up for the task.

I started with a 12x12" template for the squares and tried to cut out the most interesting part of the shirt:








This was my senior class t-shirt. Go Bulldogs, class of '99!




This is the finished stack:


And here are the disembowled remains:





The oldest shirt award goes to Andrew's middle school track team shirt. It is 17 years old.


Stay tuned for updates - this is gonna be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Only YOU could use the word 'disembowled' and make me gag a little - even if its in the context of t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete