Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dehydrated

I have a new love in my life, and it is dehydrated vegetables. As I posted recently in a post about Summertime Snacks, I discovered these in the organic aisle of my local Kroger. They're healthy, locally grown and delicious! I'm choosing not to do any research on whether veggies lose their nutrients in the dehydration process. Ignorance is bliss...



So I went out of my way this afternoon to swing by Kroger and pick up a tub or two of veggie chips. Much to my dismay, they were out of the usual selection and only had dehydrated okra, and green beans.






Heaven help me, I am head over heels for them! FINALLY a vegetable I can adore wholeheartedly! Maybe it's the crunch, maybe it's the light dusting of salt that covers them, or maybe it's the delicious, earthy taste that makes my heart skip a beat. I'm not sure, but I do know this: I will never be the same.





1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of these but they look so good! I'm going to get some this weekend!

    ReplyDelete